AMWatch

Sampension buys stake in A.P. Moller Holding's geothermal venture

The Danish pension provider has bought into power utility NRGI’s 20-percent interest in Innargi, which has been selected to construct a large geothermal facility in the Danish city of Aarhus.

Photo: Innargi/PR

Sampension has joined the circle of owners behind geothermal company Innargi, bankrolled by A.P. Moller Holding, through utility NRGI, which owns 20 percent of the company.

The investment happens through joint venture NRGI Renewables, of which Sampension owns 49 percent, while NRGI owns the remaining 51 percent. Moreover, the joint company also holds a portfolio of existing wind and solar farms as well as development projects in wind and solar.

Already a subscriber? Log in.

Read the whole article

Get access for 14 days for free.
No credit card is needed, and you will not be automatically signed up for a paid subscription after the free trial.

  • Access all locked articles
  • Receive our daily newsletters
  • Access our app
An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from AMWatch

Pensions sector responds to "unnuanced" carbon report

In a new report, NGO Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke criticized the pension sector for its DKK 22bn investments in fossil fuel expansion. An industry organization has now responded, saying the report ignores the complicated nature of the issue.

Further reading

Related articles

Latest news

Watch job

See all jobs

See all jobs

Latest news from FinansWatch (dk)

Latest news from EnergyWatch

Latest news from ShippingWatch